Protests (CF 19)
19 CFR. Chapter 1, Part 174
Protests against the Port Director shall be filed in quadruplicate on form CF-19 or any form clearly
labeled protest setting forth the same content in its entirety, in the same order,
addressed to the Port Director.
The following matters are subject to protest:
A protest can be filed by any of the following parties:
- The appraisement value of merchandise.
- The classification and rate and amount of duties chargeable.
- All charges or exactions of whatever character within the jurisdiction of the secretary of the treasury.
- The exclusion of merchandise from entry or delivery under the provisions of the Customs laws.
- The liquidation or re-liquidation of an entry.
- The refusal to pay a claim for drawback.
- The refusal to re-liquidate an entry.
- The importer or consignee shown on the entry papers.
- Any person paying any charges or exactions.
- Any person seeking entry or delivery.
- Any person filing a claim for drawback.
- With respect to the determination of origin under subpart G of part 181 of this chapter,
any exporter or producer of the merchandise subject to that determination, if the exporter
or producer completer and signed a certificate of origin covering the merchandise.
- Any authorized agent of the persons described in articles 1 thru 5.